Cerro Verde is located in the department of Santa Ana, 77 kilometers from San Salvador; it was opened to the public in 1955, as part of the “Volcanic Complex”, established as a priority area for nature conservation in El Salvador. The park´s 92 acres offer tourists
three different mountain trails: “The Mysterious Flowers”, “A Window to Nature”, and the “Old Mountain Hotel”. Visitors have the opportunity to climb the Izalco volcano (6,500 ft AMSL) and the Santa Ana or “Ilamatepec” volcano (7,812 ft AMSL), and enjoy amazing views, recreational games area, abundant flora and fauna, parking and a cafeteria, among other amenities.
· Admission for adults: $ 1.50 USD
· Free for children under 6 years, adults over 60 and the physically impaired.
· Foreign tourists: $ 3.00 (all ages)
· Parking: small vehicle $ 1.00, large vehicle $ 2.00
· Hours of Operation: Monday to Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.