Cerro Verde is located in the department of Santa Ana, 77 kilometers from San Salvador, it was opened to the public in 1955, forming part of the “Volcano Complex”, established as a priority area for nature conservation in El Salvador.
This park has an area of 92 acres, and offers tourists three different mountain trails: “The Mysterious Flowers”, “A Window to Nature”, and the “Old Mountain Hotel”. Also you’ll have the opportunity to climb the Izalco volcano (6,500 ft AMSL) and the Santa Ana or “Ilamatepec” volcano (7,812 ft AMSL), the park offers amazing views, recreational games area, abundant flora and fauna, parking and cafeteria, among others.
- Admission for adults: $ 1.50 USD
- Free for children under 6 years old, adults over 60 and people with disabilities.
- Foreign tourists: $ 3.00 (without exception of age)
- Parking: small vehicle $ 1.00, large vehicle $ 2.00
- Hours of Operation: Monday to Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.