Amapulapa is located 60 kilometers East from San Salvador, near San Vicente, its name in Nahuatl means: “River where the Amates sink”. It covers an area of 57 acres of land. The wealth of this natural park lies in its volcanic soil dominated by ash and lava where many water sources emerge nourishing it. Flora is characterized by beautiful, gigantic Amate trees that provide thick foliage and embellish the place.
Among the main services offered at this park are four natural pools for adults, a water slide, three pools for children with interactive games, rest areas, picnic areas, cabins, parking, restaurants, among others.
· Admission for adults: $ 1.50 USD
· Free for children under 6 years, adults over 60 and for the physically impaired.
· Foreign tourists: $ 3.00 (all ages)
· Parking: small vehicle $ 1.00, large vehicle $ 2.00
· Hours of Operation: Monday to Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.