This Park is located along the banks of the Rio Grande in the department of San Miguel, at a distance of 152 kilometers east of the capital city. In 1957 by legislative decree the land was declared of public utility for the construction of a national park, by which the executive branch was empowered to purchase the land, inaugurating the park on June 29, 1979.
Altos de la Cueva lies at 103 meters above sea level, with an area of 47 acres of land, of which 35 are forest with a warm climate, beautiful green areas, gardens and water sources that supply the pools. Among its main attractions are the water slide installed in the artificial lake, two swimming pools for adults and children as well as dressing rooms, restrooms, children’s recreation areas, family cabins, soccer, basketball and volleyball fields.
· Admission for adults: $ 1.50 USD
· Free for children under 6 years, adults over 60 and the physically impaired.
· Foreign tourists: $ 3.00 (all ages)
· Parking: small vehicle $ 1.00, large vehicle $ 2.00
· Hours of Operation: Monday to Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.