This refreshing place located in the city of Chalatenango, 78 kilometers from San Salvador, was inaugurated in March 1977, and named after the river which supplies all the pools in the Park. Agua Fría has an area of 73 acres of land, 5 of which were donated by Don Antonio Rivera, a citizen of Chalatenango who wished to leave a natural legacy to the new generations, for their healthy recreation. Its vegetation, tranquility, pure air and contact with nature are the main qualities that tourists will find in this Chalateco oasis, where they can also enjoy the delicious and refreshing waters of the “Posa Fría”.
· Admission for adults: $ 1.50 USD
· Free for children under 6 years, adults over 60 and the physically impaired.
· Foreign tourists: $ 3.00 (all ages)
· Parking: small vehicle $ 1.00, large vehicle $ 2.00
· Hours of Operation: Monday to Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.